Work with us!
There is not a better place to work, to make a contribution and go home every evening know you make a difference.
TITLE: Program Coordinator – Social Groups & Outreach
LOCATION: Denver, CO
The Denver Element Program Coordinator is responsible for coordinating all activities of the Denver Pique program (mPowerment Project) and coordinating outreach and volunteer activities with Denver Element, reporting directly to the Program Manager and Team Lead. The Program Coordinator will ensure clients’ needs are met for our social programs.
- Develop The Denver Element’s current Denver Pique program with a broad range of activities both in the office and out in the community
- Host groups providing scientifically accurate information on sexual risk reduction, PrEP, STDs, and HIV to high priority populations
- Plan a minimum 4 large scale community events with assistance of team
- Recruit high risk MSM persons into the Reflections program and perform individual sessions with these clients
- Other duties as assigned
- Create and implement outreach plans targeting MSM venues to recruit participants into The Denver Element programming, including PrEP services
- Create and implement outreach to recruit participants into positive programming.
- Research and participate in tabling events to talk about The Denver Element programming
- Maintain necessary data records in accordance with CDPHE’s standards for HIV prevention services and MHBHC policies
- Input collected data into appropriate software for grant reporting within 10 days of collection
- Provide monthly progress reports to Team Lead and Program Manager
- Under the supervision of the Team Lead, cultivate culturally competent social media campaigns across relevant social media platforms to provide information on safer sex education, and other Element programming
- Maintain active social media presence on The Denver Element’s existing social media accounts
- Outgoing personality comfortable with starting conversations to unknown individuals
- Comfort in engaging people in difficult venues and discussing sexual health topics
- Familiarity with LGBTQ cultural and health disparities including those living with HIV
- Ability to speak in front of large groups of people
- Experience in group facilitation on a wide variety of topics including sexual health
- Excellent communication and computer skills including use of social media
- Bachelor’s degree and experience in sexual health work
- Occasional travel (Inside and outside Denver Metro)
- Position will primarily work Tuesday through Saturday with some evening and late night work
- Assist other team members in program execution
- Demonstrated ability to constructively work with persons in crisis situations
- Preferred to have experience and knowledge in HIV and familiar with Ryan White services and requirements
This is a full-time, salaried position with benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience.
MHBHC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
PLEASE SUBMIT COVER LETTER, REFERENCES & RESUME TO:
email@example.com, attention Zane Guilfoyle
There are currently no other positions available within The Denver Element. You may find other opportunities with our parent organization, Mile High Behavioral Healthcare!