Work with us!
There is not a better place to work, to make a contribution and go home every evening know you make a difference.
BEHAVIORAL HEALTH SPECIALIST (Specializing in folks living with HIV)
Seeking master’s level, full-time, behavioral health therapist. Therapist will specialize in treating clients living with HIV for mental health issues. Population of interest primarily men who have sex with men (MSM) who display mental health and/or struggle with substance use issues.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Treat all clients with dignity and respect.
2. Provide mental health evaluations/problem identification, crisis interventions; assess the need for on-going treatment or referral to other agencies.
3. Conduct individual and group counseling sessions.
4. Provide case management services to participants as needed or assigned.
5. Collaborate with the client to develop, implement, and revise individualized treatment plans and monitor treatment progress.
6. Assist participants with psychological development, social development, and rehabilitation.
7. Assist participants in accessing community support services and health care.
8. Maintain accurate and timely clinical records consistent with OBH standards in all areas including, but not limited to: counselor admit notes, assessments, daily charting, weekly clinical staffing notes, and discharge summaries.
9. Participate in team/department meetings, in-services, and supervisory sessions as required.
10. Collaborate with peer mentors in client treatment goals.
11. Observe confidentiality requirements.
12. Perform other duties as assigned.
Masters Degree in social work or counseling. Working towards licensure as LCSW/LPC and/or CACII/CACIII in the State of Colorado.
Minimum of two years experience in clinical work. Experience working with the mental health and substance use participants and/or individuals involved with the judicial system.
Knowledge of methods of psychotherapy. Knowledge of community resources. Ability to assess crisis situations and intervene appropriately. Familiarity with the DSM IV-V and diagnostic techniques. Effective written and verbal communication skills. Ability to work flexible and on-call hours which may be required. Knowledge of GBTQ needs and knowledge of HIV stigma, education, and treatment.
Assist with program supervision of students/volunteers as determined appropriate.
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT TO BE USED
Computers, calculators, fax machines, telephone and a variety of other office/clinical equipment.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Requires sitting, standing, bending and reaching, ability to use officeequipment.
TYPICAL MENTAL DEMANDS
Ability to give, receive and analyze information, formulate treatment plans, prepare written materials and articulate goals and action plans. Must demonstrate cultural responsibility and be able to communicate effectively with them.
Behavioral Health Specialist will be working with the clinical team at our main office located at 4242 Delaware, Denver, CO.
TO APPLY: Please email resume and cover letter to ZGuilfoyle@MHBHC.org